Copyright Infringement Statement
This site is not intended, nor does it allow or have mechanisms specifically designed, for the transfer of copyrighted material between users. Its primary purpose is as a source of information about novel series, as well as a community for its users. It serves a secondary purpose as an index, to inform of activity within the novel translations community to any who wish to be informed.
Light Novel Books does not own or imply ownership of any of the images used on the site. All images belong to their respective owners. Light Novel Books members and its host are not liable for any of the content displayed on this site.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
What information do we collect?
|Item||Types of Data||Purpose of Use|
|Basic||Date of birthGenderE-mail||To help us develop, deliver, and|
improve our services, including the following aspects of our services:creating, accessing, updating and mataining your friends listproviding end-user support.communication with other users
|Data related to your account and use of services||User IDUsernamePassword|
|Data we collect with cookies||Session IDBrowser ID|
|IP Address||IP address||To detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal|
activities, infringement of our rights or interests, or breaches
|Data related to your account and use of Services||User IDUsernamePassword|
|Basic||To send important notices, such as changes to|
our policies.To audit and analyze data for
technical administration, to improve our services, and for end-user
|Data related to your account and use of Services||Log-in data|
How we use collected information
Light Novel Books may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
• Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
• Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
• Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
• With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
• Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site [or App], such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site [and our App] in perpetuity. [If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.] Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
We also use your data for advertising purposes. We use third-party advertising companies who serve ads to help keep content free. For these partners, we put additional restrictions on how your data can be used to prevent it from misuse. For instance, we do not allow these partners to take your information for profiling and personalizing ads on other sites.
Please review the following for a full list of partners and purposes:
Light Novel Books is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://www.lightnovelupdates.com/
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Rectification, erasure, blocking or deletion
You have the right to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you without undue delay and we shall have the obligation to erase Personal Data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
i) the Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
ii) you withdraw consent, in case the processing of such is based on your permission, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
iii) you object to the processing pursuant and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
iv) the Personal Data is unlawfully processed;
v) the Personal Data is to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European Union or a Member State of such Union law to which we are subject;
vi) the Personal data have been collected for the performance of a contract to purchase Products while you are not aged 16 or above.
When we have made the Personal Data public and we are obliged to erase the Personal Data, we shall take all reasonable steps, taking account the available technology and the costs, to inform other controllers which may process your Personal Data that you have requested the erasure of Personal Data.
Notification: You have the right to a notification to third parties to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed, when you have been granted any rectification, erasure, blocking or deletion as stated above, unless such notification proves to be impossible or requires a disproportionate effort from us.
Data Portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data you have provided to us yourself, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit the Personal Data to another controller.
Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain restriction of processing when:
i) you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data;
ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of this Personal Data and request the restriction of this use instead;
iii) when we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of the processing.
Your acceptance of these terms
The transfer of personal data to recipients outside the EU/EEA is generally prohibited unless:
- the jurisdiction in which the recipient is located is deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection;
- the data exporter puts in place appropriate safeguards (e.g. binding corporate rules; contractual arrangements with the recipient of the personal data, using, for example, the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, adherence to a code of conduct or certification mechanism together with obtaining binding and enforceable commitments from the recipient) or
- a derogation or exemption exists as justification
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on May 15, 2021